Discover the best tricks of the Xiaomi Smart Band 7, with which you can make the most of all its features.
Less than a month ago Xiaomi presented its new smart bracelet in society, a Xiaomi Smart Band 7 that we were able to analyze in depth and that stands out for having new functions such as a larger screen with “Always On Display” modea greater variety of sport modes and more accurate measurement of heart rate, blood oxygen level and sleep quality.
If you have the new Xiaomi quantifying bracelet and want to get the most out of it, keep reading, because, then, we are going to reveal the best tricks for the Xiaomi Smart Band 7based on a video recently published by our colleagues at Urban Tecno, which we leave you under these lines.
Turn a normal alarm into a smart one
With the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 you can set various alarms to, for example, wake up in the morning or get up from your after-lunch nap, but what you may not know is that you can turn these normal alarms into smart. In this way, the bracelet itself will analyze your sleep cycles and automatically set the alarm so that rings 10 minutes before or after the time you have indicated.
To make an alarm smart you just have to follow a few simple steps:
- Access the option Setting from your Band 7
- Click on the option Alarm
- Click on the edit icon that appears at the top
- Select the alarm you want to make smart
- Click on the last button of this menu entitled Alarm
- Activate the switch that appears at the top
Save battery with “Always On Display” mode activated
One of the novelties of the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 is that it has the “Always On Display” mode, through which the screen will always be on and will show you both the time and the date. But the fact of having this mode activated translates into greater battery consumption and, for this reason, we are here to tell you some simple tricks to reduce consumption when you have the “Always On Display” mode activated:
- choose a small hour size dial that doesn’t contain much information so that when the “Always On Display” mode is activated, the silhouette simply stays and spend as few pixels as possible
- Deactivate the lift-to-activate functionsince, in this way, you will always have the screen on and it will consume less than if it is turning on every time you turn your wrist
Customize notification vibration
Another really useful trick for the Mi Band 7 is that you can customize the vibration of each notification, so that when you get a warning you will already know what type it is. To customize the notification vibration You just have to perform a few simple actions:
- Access the My Fitness app
- Enter the tab Device
- Scroll down and tap on the option Vibration
- Select the type of notification you want to customize
- Click on the button Add
- Make multiple taps on the screen to create a vibration pattern
- Once the pattern is created, click on Having
- Click on the button okay and name the custom vibe you just created
- Finally go back and select this new vibration for the type of notice you want
Activate energy saving mode
The Xiaomi Smart Band 7 also has a power saving mode and when activated the bracelet it will only record steps and basic sleep information in order to extend its autonomy. For activate the power saving mode on your Mi Band 7 you just have to perform the following steps:
- Navigate through the menu of your Band 7 and enter the option Setting
- Scroll down and access the section battery saving mode
- Activate the switch that appears at the top of that section
Once this is done, you will see that the sphere is automatically changed to a more minimalist one with a black background that shows you remaining battery, time, date and steps. Finally, if you want to deactivate this battery saving mode, you simply have to do a long press on the screen of the Smart Band 7.
Control the music while you play sports
One of the novelties of the Mi Band 7 is that it has a more advanced multitasking and thanks to it, you will be able, for example, pause playback or change songs without leaving the workout mode of the exercise you are practicingsince with a simple slide you can access the music playback controls.
Add the weather of more cities
You can configure the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 to show you the weather in different cities and, thus, depending on which city you are in, you can consult the weather in each of them.
To do this, the first thing you have to do is enter the My Fitness app and perform the following actions:
- Access the tab Device
- Enter the option Weather
- Search for the city or cities that you want the Mi Band 7 to show you and add them
Once this is done, you just have to press on the weather widget on your Smart Band 7, enter the option change city and select one of the cities you have previously added.
Customize your spheres
The Xiaomi Smart Band 7 has a large number of spheres, but what you may not know is that many of them you can customize them to show you the information that interests you the most, such as the heart rate, the steps, the calories consumed or the remaining battery of the bracelet.
Thus, to customize a sphere you just have to follow a few simple steps:
- Make a long press on the sphere you want to customize
- Click on the gear icon that appears at the bottom
- Click on each of the highlighted widgets and you will see all the options available in each of them
- Finally perform a slide and click on the confirmation button for the changes to be saved
Put the photo you want as wallpaper
Not only can you customize the information that appears on a watch face, but you can also put the photo you want as wallpaper. To do this, you just have to perform the following actions:
- Enter the My Fitness app
- Access the section bracelet screens
- Click on the tab On-line
- Select any of the spheres that have the title album-dial
- Click on the option custom photo
- Choose which part of the photo you want to display and click on the button Continue
- Finally, click on the button Apply for the changes to be saved
Adjust how long the screen is on
The Xiaomi Smart Band 7 also allows you adjust the time the screen is on to increase its autonomy And for this you just have to follow these simple steps:
- Enter the option Setting
- Access the section Screen
- Click on the button Screen on duration
- Select one of the available options, which range between 5 and 15 seconds
Have the bracelet automatically detect your workouts
Another of the best tricks of the Mi Band 7 is that you can configure the bracelet so that automatically detect your workouts and, in this way, you no longer have to activate them manually.
So that the Smart Band 7 automatically detects your workouts you just have to perform the following actions:
- Access the option Setting in your Band 7
- Enter the section training detection
- Select what type of sport practice you want it to detect automatically, being able to activate 4 sport modes:
- To walk
- Rowing machine
- Click on the confirmation button for the changes to be saved
Turn on night mode
The Xiaomi Smart Band 7 also has a night mode with which you will prevent the brightness of the bracelet from bothering you at nightbecause what this mode does is lower the intensity of the brightness level of the bracelet.
To activate night mode on the Mi Band 7 You just have to follow these simple steps:
- Open the My Fitness app
- Enter the tab Device
- Click on the section night mode
- From here you can activate, deactivate or program it to be activated at the times you indicate
Find your Smart Band 7 with the Mi Fitness app
The Mi Fitness app has a function that allows you to find the Mi Band 7 if you’ve lost it at home and don’t know where it is. Thus, to find your bracelet you only have to access the tab Deviceclick on the option find device and immediately the Smart Band 7 it will vibrate for a few seconds with a fairly loud sound so you can locate it.
Get more spheres for your Xiaomi Smart Band 7
Although the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 brings a good amount of spheres, it may be that you do not like any of them and that you will not find any that completely convinces you, but that it has an easy solution with a third-party app called Mi Band 7 Watch Faces.
Mi Band 7 Watch Faces is a completely free application with which you can access a really wide catalog of spheres for your Band 7 and install them directly on your bracelet. To do this, you just have to follow a few simple steps:
- Open the Mi Band 7 Watch Faces app on your Android mobile
- Select the watch face you want to install on your Band 7
- Click on the download icon that appears at the bottom of the app
- Click on the button Using My Fitness (Xiaomi Wear) and immediately the selected bracelet will begin to be installed on your Band 7